This Air Fryer Fried Potatoes and Onions recipe is a simple and delicious dish that’s perfect for a quick breakfast side or a hearty snack. Using an air fryer makes the potatoes crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, with onions adding a great flavor. You’ll need basic ingredients like potatoes, onions, olive oil, and your favorite seasonings. The recipe takes about 30 minutes from start to finish, making it a great choice when you’re short on time. Plus, using an air fryer is a healthier alternative to traditional frying. Let’s get started!
Healthy Air Fryer Fried Potatoes and Onions
- 1.5 pounds of potatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite herb seasoning (like rosemary or thyme)
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for about 5 minutes.
- While the air fryer is preheating, place the potatoes and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and your chosen herbs. Add minced garlic if using. Toss until everything is well coated.
- Once preheated, transfer the potatoes and onions into the air fryer basket. Be sure to spread them out in a single layer for even cooking.
- Cook for about 15 minutes. Shake the basket occasionally to ensure they cook evenly. Cook for another 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy. The onions should also be nicely caramelized.
- Transfer the potatoes and onions to a serving dish and garnish with fresh parsley.
➡️ You may also be interested in our Easy Air Fryer Fried Pickles Recipe
Claudia Faucher is a fitness trainer and lifestyle blogger, who recently started to pursue her other passions… Southern cooking and creating recipes.