The Outer Banks of North Carolina stretch from Cape Fear to Cape Lookout. As you might expect, the area is home to some stunning natural landscapes. These coastal areas are also known for their amazing marine life, pristine beaches, and yes, great fishing. It’s no wonder so many people flock here every year to escape the city and get into nature. But what are the Outer Banks best known for?
The Outer Banks has a host a variety of activities to enjoy throughout the year. Some great places to visit include surfing the waves at Manteo, visiting the Bodie Island Lighthouse, catching some sun rays on Hatteras Island beaches, exploring the Wright Brothers National Memorial, taking a ferry ride to see the wild horses of Ocracoke Island, and so much more.
What are the Outer Banks of North Carolina?
The Outer Banks stretch from Cape Fear to Cape Lookout. The term “Outer Banks” is used to describe the entire stretch of sandy beach between the Cape Fear and the Cape Lookout areas.
The Outer Banks is famous for its beautiful beaches, seascapes, and lighthouses. While you’re in the area, you can also visit historic sites, take in some of the best outdoor activities in the country, and explore North Carolina’s diverse culture and history.
The Outer Banks of North Carolina host a variety of activities throughout the year. Some great places to visit include the waves at Manteo, Bodie Island Lighthouse, Hatteras Island beaches, Kitty Hawk and the Wright Brothers monument, Roanoke Island-Lights Historic District, and Oregon Inlet State Park.
The Best Time to Visit the Outer Banks
Outer Banks is a popular vacation destination in North Carolina. The Outer Banks are a string of barrier islands off the coast of North Carolina and Virginia.
The Outer Banks has four seasons, which are pleasant and mild. The summers are warm and humid, while the winters are cool with some snowfall.
The Outer Banks offers many activities for visitors to partake in such as fishing, kayaking, surfing, swimming in the ocean or sound, and much more!
How to Get to the Outer Banks of North Carolina
Outer Banks is a barrier island located on the North Carolina coast.
It is the most popular vacation spot in North Carolina and attracts visitors from all over the world. The Outer Banks has some of the most beautiful beaches and provides a relaxing getaway for people who want to take a break from their daily lives.
The Outer Banks are accessible by air, land, or sea. Visitors can choose to fly to one of two major airports in North Carolina or drive up to five hours from Washington D.C., Atlanta, or Charlotte.
If you are traveling by boat, you can dock at any number of public marinas or private docks that are available for visitors on Hatteras Island and Ocracoke Island.
9 Top Things – Outer Banks Best Known For
Explore the Outer Banks of North Carolina by getting out and exploring the area. Here are 9 of my favorite things to do in the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
- Visit the Roanoke Island-Lights Historic District – This historic district is home to over 30 historic sites, most of which are open to the public. You can explore the grounds of the Dare Memorial and the ruins of the Lost Colony of Roanoke Island.
- Visit the Bodie Island Lighthouse – This lighthouse is located on Bodie Island and was built in 1858. The island is a great place to go for a hike, explore the lighthouse grounds and beach, or picnic.
- Hike the Cape Hatteras National Seashore – This national seashore attracts visitors from all over the world, thanks to its beautiful beaches, lighthouses, and wildlife.
- Visit Cape Hatteras National Seashore – This is another great place to visit if you’re interested in wildlife.
- Explore the Outer Banks of North Carolina Photography Trail – This trail has over 80 stops, showcasing the best photography in the Outer Banks. If you love the beach, kayaking, or fishing, check out this trail.
- Swimming in the Atlantic Ocean – The Atlantic Ocean is one of the most popular destinations for swimmers in North Carolina. It can be cold, but it’s also one of the wildest parts of the state.
- Visit Cape Lookout National Seashore – Cape Lookout is one of the most scenic places in the area. The views are unbeatable, and there are plenty of outdoor activities like hiking, birding, and fishing.
- Visit the Outer Banks History Center – This center features a museum and is located in the town of Duck. You’ll learn a lot about the area’s history at this center.
3 Things You Shouldn’t Miss While on the Outer Banks of North Carolina
♥ The Outer Banks of North Carolina is a great place for outdoor activities, like hiking, kayaking, fishing, and swimming in the Atlantic Ocean.
♥ While you’re in the area, you should visit the Outer Banks History Center. It’s located in the town of Duck, and it’s a great place to learn about the area’s history. While you’re there be sure to stop at Duck Donuts!
♥ If you love the beach and exploring the shoreline, you can’t miss out on seeing some of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Some of these beaches are located on the Outer Banks, such as the Cape Hatteras National Seashore and the Outer Banks of North Carolina.
The Outer Banks is a magical place with gorgeous landscapes and lots of marine life. They are also a great place to go surfing, kayaking, and fishing. The beaches are stunning and perfect for swimming. North Carolina is a great state in which to visit, and the Outer Banks is the perfect place to go. From the breathtaking beaches to the rugged coast, the Outer Banks will surely wow you!
Photo credits – Featured image by Jason Pischke
Claudia Faucher is a fitness trainer and lifestyle blogger, who recently started to pursue her other passions… Southern cooking and creating recipes.